The US-China Business Council (USCBC, www.uschina.org) is seeking a Communications Manager for a full-time position.
The USCBC communications and publications team is responsible for developing and executing a global communications strategy that delivers targeted messaging, trade reports, commentary, issue briefs, and digital publications to USCBC's varied stakeholders. This individual will be primarily responsible for managing the organization’s websites, email campaigns, and social media platforms.
USCBC is a private, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization of 280 American companies that do business with China. U SCBC has provided unmatched information, advisory, advocacy, and program services to its membership since its founding in 1973. Through its offices in Washington, DC; Beijing; and Shanghai, USCBC is uniquely positioned to serve its members' interests in the United States and China.
- Manage and maintain USCBC websites.
- Create and format effective email campaigns.
- Write, fact-check, copyedit, and proofread various products such as news and feature articles, reports, infographics, and email blasts.
- Integrate digital, email, and social media marketing campaigns strategically to support USCBC communication priorities.
- Improve the reach of USCBC public affairs materials, including op-eds, blog posts, marketing materials, reports, and issue briefs utilizing digital tools and platforms.
- Conduct research on topics of concern to US businesses in China.
- Collate and circulate daily media of significance to members.
- Experience maintaining websites using WordPress and Drupal.
- Experience sending email blasts with commercial-scale email tools (ex. MailChimp, experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus).
- Experience with managing social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn groups.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Hootsuite, and other social media analytics tools.
- Expert communications, writing, and editing skills.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence multiple stakeholders.
- Capacity to think expansively and innovatively.
- Solid analytical, project management, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently to generate relevant ideas, identify internal and external authors for USCBC digital publications, develop compelling email experiences, and collaborate with colleagues on USCBC reports and other communication projects.
- Previous experience at a trade association, think-tank, news publication, or research firm preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience.
- US permanent work authorization (US citizen or lawful permanent resident).
- Knowledge of CRM a plus.
- Familiarity with Chicago style a plus.
- Global public affairs experience a plus.
- Graphic design experience a plus.
- Audio and video editing experience a plus
The US-China Business Council is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Application Deadline: Applicants considered on rolling basis.
Preferred Start Date: Early-mid April 2023
Salary: Salary will be competitive for non-profit organizations and commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please submit the following materials to Andrew Barr, Senior Director, Finance & Administration at [email protected]:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the position + Desired salary range.
- Up to three writing samples
Applicants should submit all materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No telephone calls please.