The US-China Business Council (USCBC) is a private, non-profit organization of nearly 280 American companies that do business with China. Founded in 1973 following the first formal exchanges between the United States and China by a group of interested companies, USCBC’s mission is to expand the US-China commercial relationship to the benefit of its membership, and more broadly, the US economy. Through close collaboration between offices in Washington, DC, Beijing, and Shanghai, USCBC provides extensive China-focused information, advisory, and advocacy services, along with events, to its multinational member companies.
USCBC’s Beijing office seeks to hire a Manager for Events, Administration, and Business Advisory Services, reporting to the Senior Director of the Beijing Rep Office.
- Closely coordinate with other functions to manage all events logistics, coordination, and take care of travel arrangements for staff.
- Assist the team in planning and executing major USCBC meetings and events, including the annual China Operations Conference, regular briefings, events, and meetings with members as well as high-level Chinese or US government officials.
- Manage all relevant office administrative duties including working with the NGO Office under MPS to ensure the Beijing Office is fully compliant with NGO law in China, expatriate visa application, and renewal.
- Coordinate with external vendors on office accounting, financial reporting, and submission of monthly receipts in compliance with NGO laws and accounting rules.
- Manage key external vendors, office supply procurement, leasing negotiation, office facility management, and maintenance.
- Coordinate intern hiring, scheduling, and daily assignments.
Business Advisory Services
- Assist in research and analysis of China-related commercial policy, including responses to individual member company requests for information on business and trade topics, and contributions to publications, such as China Market Intelligence.
- Proactively build and maintain contacts within USCBC member companies.
- Represent USCBC at conferences and external events, as necessary.
- Proactively assist with new member recruitment and retention.
Other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to take initiative, operate independently, and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, economics, policy, finance, accounting, law, international relations, or business-related field, an advanced degree is advantageous.
- Native Chinese speaker with fluency in oral and written English.
- Familiarity with PRC government structure and policy making, and an understanding of and ability to communicate the basic dynamics of the US-China trade relationship.
- Familiarity with China business accounting and licensing procedures is a plus.
- Preferably a candidate with min 2 years’ experience with a foreign company, organization, or government.
- Strong research, analytical, and communication skills.
- High degree of personal responsibility and integrity; cooperative attitude, sense of humor, and ability to thrive in a small but congenial intercultural team environment.
Application Deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Preferred Start Date: November 2023
To apply, please submit the following materials to Zhang Lipei ([email protected])
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position.
- A resume, in English and Chinese
- An English writing sample of no more than two pages
- Contact information for 3 references.
Salary will be competitive for non-profit organizations and commensurate with experience. For background on USCBC, see www.uschina.org.
No telephone calls please.