The US-China Business Council (USCBC) is a private, non-profit organization of more than 260 American companies that do business with China. Founded in 1973 following the first formal exchanges between the United States and China by a group of interested companies, USCBC’s mission is to expand the US-China commercial relationship to the benefit of its membership, and more broadly, to a constructive, stabilized, and healthy bilateral commercial relations. Through close collaboration between offices in Washington, DC, Beijing, and Shanghai, USCBC provides extensive China-focused information, advisory, and advocacy services, along with events, to its multinational member companies.
USCBC’s Beijing office seeks to hire a Manager of Events, Administration, and Business Advisory Services, reporting to the Director of Beijing Representative Office.
- Manage all relevant office administrative duties including working with MPS and local MPS to ensure Beijing Office to be fully compliant with NGO law in China, expatriate visa application and renewal
- In close coordination with other functions to manage all events logistics, travel arrangements and others at request.
- Assist in major USCBC activities, including the annual China Operations Conference, meetings with high-level Chinese or US government officials.
- Coordinate with external vendors on office accounting, financial reporting, and submission of monthly receipts in compliance with NGO laws and accounting rules.
- Manage key external vendors, office supply procurement, leasing negotiation, office facility management and maintenance.
- Assist in research and analysis of China-related commercial policy, including responses to individual member company requests for information on business and trade topics, and contributions to publications, such as China Market Intelligence.
- Proactively build and maintain contacts within USCBC member companies.
- Represent USCBC at conferences and external events, as necessary.
- Proactively assist with new member recruitment and retention.
- Coordinate intern hiring, scheduling, and daily assignments.
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Beijing Rep Office Director
- Ability to take initiative, operate independently, and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- High degree of personal responsibility and integrity; dedication to quality, attention to details.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, economics, policy, finance, law, international relations, or business-related field, an advanced degree is advantageous.
- Native Chinese speaker with excellent fluency in oral and written English.
- Strong communication, coordination, and research skills
- Familiarity with PRC government structure and policy making, and an understanding of and ability to communicate the basic dynamics of the US-China trade relationship
- Cooperative attitude, sense of humor, and ability to thrive in small but congenial intercultural team environment.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: October 3, 2021
To apply, please submit the following materials to Zhang Lipei ([email protected]china.org)
- An English resume and cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position;
- An English writing sample of no more than 3 pages;
- Contact information for 3 professional references.
Salary will be competitive for non-profit organizations and commensurate with experience. For background on USCBC, see www.uschina.org.
No telephone calls please