The US-China Business Council (USCBC) is a private, non-profit, non-partisan, member-supported organization and the leading organization of US companies engaged in business with the People's Republic of China. Through collaboration among offices in Washington, DC, Beijing and Shanghai, USCBC provides extensive China-focused information, business advisory and advocacy services as well as events to more than 260 US corporations operating within the United States and throughout Asia.
USCBC’s Shanghai office seeks to hire a Manager, Government Affairs & Business Advisory Services. Primary responsibilities include:
- Facilitate USCBC engagement with various types of external stakeholders, including PRC government agencies, think tanks, and industry associations
- Under the direction of the USCBC Shanghai Office Chief Representative, develop and maintain strong relationships with provincial government agencies across China to advance USCBC advocacy goals
- Monitor and understand the fast-changing policy landscape and provide timely analysis and assessment on relevant Chinese policy issues; regularly contribute to USCBC’s newsletter and other publications
- Assist with and participate in USCBC programs and member company business briefings
- Conduct research to answer inquiries from USCBC member companies on business operating issues and government policy
- Represent USCBC at conferences, external events, and meetings with member companies
- Assist with member company recruitment and retention
- Handle administrative functions and other responsibilities as required
- Native Chinese speaker
- Familiarity with PRC government structure and policy making, an understanding of and ability to communicate the dynamics of the business environment, China’s government priorities
- China-related business or government affairs experience
- Ability to take initiative, operate independently, and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong interest and understanding of US China relations and China business issues
- High degree of personal responsibility and integrity, cooperative attitude, well organized and detail-oriented
- High level of proficiency both in English and Chinese
- Strong research, analytical, and communication skills
- At least two years of work experience, preferably with a foreign company, organization, or government
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, communications, economics, public policy, law, or business-related field; an advanced degree is preferred
Application Deadline: Oct 29, 2021, applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Preferred Start Date: November, 2021
To apply, please submit the following materials to Melinda Xu ([email protected]):
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position
- A resume, in English and Chinese
- An English writing sample of no more than two pages
- Contact information for 3 references
Applicants should submit all materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No telephone calls please. Salary will be competitive for non-profit organizations and commensurate with experience. For background on USCBC, see www.uschina.org.