The US-China Business Council (USCBC) is a private, non-profit, non-partisan, member-supported organization and the leading organization of US companies engaged in business with the People's Republic of China. Through collaboration among offices in Washington, DC, Beijing and Shanghai, USCBC provides extensive China-focused information, business advisory and advocacy services as well as events to more than 240 US corporations operating within the United States and throughout Asia.
USCBC’s Shanghai office seeks to hire a Manager, Government Affairs & Business Advisory Services. Primary responsibilities include:
- Facilitate USCBC engagement with PRC government agencies, think tanks, and industry associations
- Under the direction of the USCBC Shanghai Office Chief Representative, assist with developing USCBC advocacy positions; develop and maintain relationships with provincial government agencies across China
- Research, analyze and write on China business topics and related developments; regularly contribute to USCBC’s newsletter and other publications
- Assist with and participate in USCBC programs and member company business briefings
- Conduct research to answer inquiries from USCBC member companies on business operating issues and government policy
- Represent USCBC at conferences, external events, and meetings with member companies
- Assist with member company recruitment and retention
- Handle administrative functions and other responsibilities as required
- Familiarity with PRC government structure and policy making
- China-related business or government affairs experience
- An understanding of and ability to communicate the dynamics of the business environment, China’s government priorities
- Ability to take initiative, operate independently, and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- High degree of personal responsibility and integrity
- Cooperative attitude, sense of humor, and ability to thrive in small but rewarding team environment
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Native Chinese speaker
- High level of proficiency in oral and written English
- At least two years of work experience, preferably with a foreign company, organization, or government
- Strong research, analytical, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, economics, policy, law, international relations, or business-related field; an advanced degree is preferred
Application Deadline: Feb 25, 2021, applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Preferred Start Date: Late March, 2021
To apply, please submit the following materials to Melinda Xu ([email protected]):
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position
- A resume, in English
- An English writing sample of no more than three pages
- Contact information for 5 references
Applicants should submit all materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No telephone calls please. Salary will be competitive for non-profit organizations and commensurate with experience. For background on USCBC, see www.uschina.org.