The US-China Business Council (USCBC)’s Beijing office seeks an intern to assist with research and analysis. The job is a paid position and requires a 20 to 30-hour per week commitment at USCBC’s Beijing office.
USCBC is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan, membership association for US corporations engaged in business with the People's Republic of China. Founded in 1973, USCBC provides its members with research and information services; holds meetings and conferences on a wide range of business topics; publishes the leading US e-magazine on China trade, the China Business Review; and takes an active role on US policy issues relating to China and international trade.
- Researching and analyzing China-related business issues using primarily Chinese-language sources to provide updates and reports in English to full-time staff
- Aiding with written translations of internal and external materials between Chinese and English
- Providing administrative/program support for the office.
The position requires strong research, analytical, and writing skills; close work on business issues relevant to US companies in China; and knowledge of PRC political/economic systems.
- Strong, demonstrated research and analytical experience using Chinese-language sources
- Knowledge and interest in US-China economic and commercial issues, as well as a basic understanding of international economics and business terminology
- Experience in understanding PRC political and economic systems
- Fluency in written and spoken Chinese (Mandarin)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at a time, and to work well among a small team in a fast-paced work environment
- Commitment to a minimum of 20 hours per week for a minimum of six months; preference will be given to candidates who can commit to a longer period of time
- Cover letter (indicate work status and availability both in terms of dates and hours per week)
- Contact information for three references
- Brief English-language writing sample (2-5 pages)
Application Deadline: Rolling
Start Date: Rolling
Submit Materials to:
The US-China Business Council
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (86-10) 6512-5854
Please reference "Beijing Internship" in the subject line of your e-mail.
PLEASE, NO CALLS