The US-China Business Council (USCBC, www.uschina.org) is seeking a senior manager and editor for a full-time position. The senior manager will oversee the production of various written materials that USCBC offers to members and external audiences. Experience with copyediting, graphic design and digital outreach is highly desired.
- Manage publication of USCBC’s biweekly, members-only newsletter, China Market Intelligence and daily news overview.
- Write, fact-check and copyedit materials for the USCBC’s online magazine, the China Business Review (www.chinabusinessreview.com).
- Write and edit internal USCBC communications materials, including infographics, marketing materials, reports, and issue briefs.
- Oversee all graphic and digital design projects.
- Assist in media relations as needed
- Proven writing and editing skills, line editing as well as content review.
- Ability to work independently to generate story ideas, identify potential authors and collaborate with colleagues on USCBC reports and other publications.
- Experience maintaining websites using WordPress and Drupal, and sending email blasts with MailChimp.
- Knowledge of graphic design.
- Proven skills in managing social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and LinkedIn groups.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and other social media analytics tools a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of work experience.
- US permanent work authorization (US citizen or lawful permanent resident).
- Reading and speaking knowledge of Mandarin a plus, but not necessary.
USCBC is a private, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization of 200 American companies that do business with China. Founded in 1973, USCBC has provided unmatched information, advisory, advocacy, and program services to its membership for more than four decades. Through its offices in Washington, DC; Beijing; and Shanghai, USCBC is uniquely positioned to serve its members' interests in the United States and China.
Please email resume, cover letter, current work sample and salary requirements to [email protected], with the subject line “Senior Manager - Editor.”