Reporting to: President
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consults with USCBC president and vice president of finance to develop, align and execute the organization’s policy priorities in the US and China across advisory and government relations.
- Participates in strategic planning process
- Leads the monitoring and evaluation effort to achieve strategic goals
- Oversees the performance evaluation system
- Updates and revises performance metrics as necessary
- Ensures consistent, transparent implementation of performance metrics
- Assumes final responsibility for quality and delivery of USCBC services.
- Ensures consistent high quality for all products/services across all divisions
- Addresses quality control shortcomings, in cooperation with President
- Ensures that products are delivered on time
- Regularly checks with membership on perceptions of quality
- Manages membership complaints or concerns on quality of products or services
- Develops relationships with key Chinese government officials, business leaders and Chinese officials to facilitate US-China business relations and advance USCBC positions.
- Develops and maintains relationship with Chinese economic leadership
- Works in China to develop alliances and partnerships
- Manages relationships with Chinese organizations
- Supervises messaging to Chinese government
- In cooperation with Programs, oversees events with key Chinese leaders
- Oversees the development and execution of research, reporting, and programming on trends of importance to US businesses operating in China.
- Works with the VPs and Directors of the GA and BAS Department to oversee research
- Supervises a research plan that benefits the maximum number of US companies
- Coordinates China and DC offices to ensure consistency, collaboration
- Ensures product quality at all times
- Ensures efficient distribution of the product to appropriate audience
- Key nexus for the coordination of services between the China offices and USCBC headquarters in the United States.
- Responsible for smooth functioning of three offices
- Ensures internal communications regime that maximizes benefits for members
- Ensures consistent implementation of policies and practices across three offices
- Maintains systems for evaluating the sensitivity of information from government and member meetings and relative distribution across offices.
- Oversees the development and implementation of employee attraction, retention, and motivation policies.
- Coordinates to ensure consistency and fairness
- Analyzes personnel requirements, hiring and retention needs
- Consults with VP Finance and President on compensation
- Prepares performance evaluations
- Supports morale exercises
- Responsible for new member recruitment and retention.
- Takes on specific quota responsibilities established in metrics document
- Oversees recruitment and retention process
- Manages and updates the metric system to ensure smooth, sustainable growth
- Responsible for development and/or oversight of the BAS and GA department budgets
- Responsible for execution of annual member survey process
- Assist President with management of outreach to other Washington organizations
- Understanding of the key China business issues for American companies.
- Maturity and professionalism sufficient to represent the USCBC before senior members of the PRC government, US government officials, and corporate executives.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Native English speaker and working fluency in Mandarin Chinese (oral and reading).
- Outgoing, pro-active mindset to build USCBC membership, visibility, and programs.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills with proven leadership ability.
- A high degree of initiative, professionalism, sense of responsibility, and dedication to quality.
- Ability to regularly collect new information and synthesize inputs to constantly reassess strategy and advocacy plans
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- US permanent work authorization (US citizen or lawful permanent resident)
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience
To apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected]