The US-China Business Council (USCBC) seeks a vice president to lead its China operations.
USCBC is a private, non-profit membership association for US corporations engaged in business with the People's Republic of China. Founded in 1973 and based in Washington, DC, USCBC provides its 210 member companies with advocacy, information, and advisory services in the United States and China. USCBC has two China offices, in Beijing and Shanghai.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Consults with USCBC senior vice president to plan objectives and establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining those objectives in China.
- Assumes final responsibility for quality and delivery of USCBC services in China.
- Develops relationships with key Chinese government officials, US and Chinese business leaders, US embassy officials, and visiting US government officials to facilitate US-China business relations and advance USCBC positions.
- Oversees the development and execution of China-based research, reporting, and programming on trends of importance to US businesses operating in China.
- Ensures the coordination of services between the China offices and USCBC headquarters in the United States.
- Oversees the development and implementation of appropriate employee attraction, retention, and motivation policies within the China offices.
- Responsible for media relations and conducts media interviews in China.
- Responsible for new member recruitment and retention.
- Assumes final responsibility for administration, regulatory filing and compliance, and budget of both China offices.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant China-related business or government affairs experience, including time based in China.
- Understanding of the key China business issues for American companies.
- Maturity and professionalism sufficient to represent USCBC before senior members of the PRC government, US government officials, and corporate executives.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Native English speaker and working fluency in Mandarin Chinese (oral and reading).
- Outgoing, pro-active mindset to build USCBC membership, visibility, and programs.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills with proven leadership ability.
- A high degree of initiative, professionalism, sense of responsibility, and dedication to quality.
- Ability to regularly collect new information and synthesize inputs to constantly reassess strategy and advocacy plans
The vice president is based in Beijing and reports directly to the senior vice president in Washington, DC.
Salary and benefits will be competitive for non-profit organizations and commensurate with experience.
Send resume and cover letter by email to: [email protected]. No phone calls, please.