USCBC Roundtable with Jinan, Ningbo, and Taicang Municipal Leadership
The US-China Business Council (USCBC) and the Investment Promotion Agency of Ministry of Commerce (CIPA) are pleased to invite you to join a small exclusive roundtable discussion with senior leaders and regulators from three cities: Jinan (Shandong Province), Ningbo (Zhejiang Province) and Taicang (Jiangsu Province). A buffet dinner will be provided at a reception following the program.
The roundtable is scheduled for April 10 in Shanghai. This will be a good opportunity for companies to directly communicate with local governments on issues including investment plans, development strategy, and operational problems. Senior city leaders (likely vice-mayor level) from the three cities, together with key functional department officials (based on member company interests) will attend to introduce the local business environment and listen to companies’ suggestions and inputs. Roundtable discussions with each city will last 1.5 hours.
- Liu Dianxun, Bureau Chief of MOFCOM CIPA;
- Vice mayor of Jinan, local commerce department, DRC, MIIT, Environmental authority, etc.
- Vice mayor of Ningbo, local commerce department, DRC, Environmental authority, etc.
- Vice mayor of Taicang, local commerce department, Economic zone leadership, etc.
- USCBC and member companies
Please note that we will have three separate roundtable discussions with the cities, respectively. Each session has limited 10 seats available for companies.
We are also planning to have a cocktail reception after the roundtables to provide companies networking opportunities.
We are seeking member company interest in joining the roundtable discussion. Space is limited, and representatives will be accepted based on seniority and timeliness of their response. Please note that companies will be limited to one representative.
Interested companies should send a company profile and designated representative’s bio both in Chinese and English, as well as responses to the following questions to Huihui Shen ([email protected].cn) no later than Sunday, March 31. Please indicate the following in your email:
- Which session would you like to join
- Which department you are interested in engaging with
- What issues you would like to raise about during the roundtable discussion (submit in Chinese)
We encourage you to RSVP as soon as possible to secure your seat.